Muddleart pre-consumer textile waste solutions
New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
CONDENSED CASE STUDY
STATUS & TIMELINE
The world is facing challenges involving waste, climate change, resource scarcity, loss of biodiversity- and simultaneously, we want to sustain our economies and offer opportunities to our growing world population.
While 100% of all waste fabric can be reutilized via recycling or upcycling, the reality of what occurs is different due to the difficulties faced in waste management. Pre-consumer textile waste is an issue that impacts us as a whole; up to 25% of fabric is lost in the cutting & manufacturing process of textile & related products.
India is the world’s 2nd largest exporter of textile and apparel products, and has a massive raw material and manufacturing base. India’s textiles and apparel industry has had a significant impact on employment and our economy. Any industry this vast is bound to have other corresponding impacts to the world around it.
We are revolutionizing the sector by mending the supply chain gaps, which eventually contribute towards the following points:
• Facilitate the development of a circular economy surrounding pre-consumer textile waste
• Accountable, Transparent & Traceable disposal solutions to upstream partners
• Make sorted waste readily available to the dependent industries like recyclers & upcyclers
• Saving our consumers time and cost through inventory information, accessibility & a steady supply of raw material
• Introducing Technology for Managing high volumes & Making it accessible (inventory dashboard)
• Positive environmental and societal impacts
• No Landfills, No Incineration! 100% re-utilization of procured waste
We offer customized solutions to brands & organizations for responsible disposal & management of their pre-consumer textile waste.
Our solution focuses on appropriate disposal and waste management. We use an eco-circular model to increase the value of waste by sorting pre-consumer textile waste into recyclables and up-cyclable.
MuddleArt is able to provide customized solutions for managing pre-consumer textile waste by working as a link between manufacturers and recyclers/upcyclers and other small enterprises.
By organizing the pre-consumer textile waste, MuddleArt is a proponent of sustainability through repurposing without affecting the quality of consumer experience or profitability along with positive quantifiable social, economic, and environmental impacts.