STATUS & TIMELINE
Toy Exchange Club is reducing the need for toy ownership.
We ensure children have access to the right toys at the right time to support their development. Once they outgrow the rental toys, they can be used by another family. This sharing economy approach reduces waste in these key areas:
- Materials and resources used to manufacture new wooden toys
- Packaging materials
- Carbon emissions (by keeping shipping local)
- Non-recyclable plastic toys
We also try to:
- Source educational toys made of natural materials and non-toxic paints
- Use waste-free packaging, including locally-made upcycled cloth bags
- Re-purpose returned shipping boxes and Kraft paper through local businesses
- Use Canadian and American-made eco-friendly cleaning products on our wooden toys
We believe that childhood play should have a positive impact on both our children’s future and the planet’s.