STATUS & TIMELINE
The first of its kind, the idea for SHARE:Frome was born in early 2015, as a partnership between Frome Town Council, social enterprise Edventure, Sustainable Frome and the Cheese and Grain, the local music and events venue.
The motive behind the idea was to reduce the carbon footprint of the town, by enabling borrowing instead of buying new, reducing material production and landfill waste. This in turn would save members money and space in their homes, as well as providing a community space for people to donate, volunteer, connect and build skills.
In 2017, a new team of six Edventure students undertook the challenge of taking SHARE:Frome to the next level. With a revamp of the shop’s layout, appearance and storage space, as well as the introduction of a new volunteer scheme and social referral programme, the students turned SHARE:Frome into an even more impactful community enterprise.
We have a wide range of items which can be useful and practical, but also fun and entertaining. These are our 10 categories:
- Arts and Crafts– from sewing machines to glue guns
- Baby and Children – from pushchairs to baby mobiles
- Events – from projector screens to bunting
- DIY – from drills to ladders
- Gardening tools – from lawnmowers to hedge trimmers
- Household and Garden – from vacuum cleaners to hammocks
- Kitchen Equipment – from blenders to dehydrators
- Leisure and Camping – from tents to metal detectors
- Music, Media and Audio/Visual – from guitars to speakers
- Sports and Games – from golf clubs to roller blades
View our full list of Things here: https://sharefrome.org/things/