Holland Circular Hotspot
Hoofddorp, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
CONDENSED CASE STUDY
STATUS & TIMELINE
|5 EU hotspots signed MoU||06/2019|
|Nordic Circular Arena||07/2021|
To fuel this transition, and thereby contributing to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, the Dutch government aims to create a fully functioning circular economy by 2050. At Holland Circular Hotspot we believe this calls for a profound transformation in the way we work and produce, but also in the way we design, teach, invest, and buy. That’s why we are connecting the global circular community, by inspiring companies, knowledge instiution and governments to start new collaborations and create circular business opportunities together.
Holland Circular Hotspot is a private-public platform in which the HCH foundation, (local) government authorities, knowledge institutes and companies intensively and internationally collaborate and exchange knowledge with the aim to stimulate entrepreneurship in the field of circular economy.
The activities of Holland Circular Hotspot are:
• Offer insights in and access to the network of Dutch circular pioneers;
• Develop and exchange knowledge on international market opportunities for circular economy;
• Create circular opportunities internationally by matching offer and demand;
• Support companies and organizations that want to contribute to internationalization of circular economy;
• Stimulate cooperation between the private sector, knowledge institutions, governments and other relevant parties;
• Provide international visibility of Dutch CE innovations/best practices;
• Facilitate access to Dutch and international (financing) instruments and programmes.
STIMULATING CROSS-SECTORAL COLLABORATIONS To make the transition to a complete circular economy, cross-sectoral partnerships are inevitable. At Holland Circular Hotspot we stimulate international partnerships by connecting governments, knowledge institutions and businesses. We also serve as a portal for foreign requests. Thanks to our extensive network we can always create a match with the right experts.
SHARING KNOWLEDGE AND INNOVATION For many years the Netherlands has been a front runner in the circular transition. Dutch organisations and entrepreneurs have been innovating, and developing succesful circular business models for years. At Holland Circular Hotspot we aim to share our knowledge and best practices. At the same time, we are eager to learn from the experiences of other circular experts around the world.
BOOSTING CIRCULAR ENTREPRENEURSHIP We help Dutch and international companies and organisations finding the right partners to start- or scale up their circular business initiatives internationally.
More information: https://hollandcircularhotspot.nl/news/how-holland-circular-hotspot-inspired-and-energised-the-nordics/#:~:text=HCH%20originates%20from%20a%20public,map%20to%20a%20circular%20economy.