Toronto, Ontario, Canada
CONDENSED CASE STUDY
STATUS & TIMELINE
The Green4Good program offers organizations a sustainable IT asset disposal service along with verified carbon credits. Through Green4Good, organizations can refurbish, resale or donate a large variety of technologies which can help them reach their sustainability targets. The received technology is securely processed and 90 per cent is reused and sold into secondary markets. Green4Good has its own marketplace for the technology it has refurbished. The remaining 10 per cent of technology that has no resale value is responsibly recycled through local partners so nothing ends up in landfills.
Green4Good enables a mind shift towards the circular economy in companies that would otherwise not believe that it is possible to find significant value from their used IT assets.
To date, the Green4Good program has resold over 1.8 million end-of-first-life IT assets. Green4Good has averted over 500,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions and as a result developed a similar number of carbon credits which organizations can use towards their carbon reduction goals. The program has supported over 175 charities and generated $3.2 million+ in donations for them.